Meter readings and billing a complete mystery!

Level 1
    Having been moved over from E.On in January 2022 my meter readings are a complete mystery and a metering appointment was requested by E.On 26 April. Despite being told it would be on 26 May, nobody turned up and no-one is able to help me via telephone or email.
    Anyone got any suggestions for how I'll get this sorted - I haven't had a bill since January and my account is on hold apparently although the direct debits are still getting taken.
    I'm getting a bit desperate to say the least!
  • 3 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hi @MandyE12 Firstly, Welcome to the Community 😄

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting your meter issue resolved.

I can see that you've called today and an appointment has now been booked for an engineer to come and take a look at the meter for you later this month.

Let me know how things progress or if you need any more help.

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 1
    Hi there, thanks for reaching out!
    Yes looks like I have another appointment for an engineer 🤞 so that's a start.
    Spoke to a very helpful lady on the phone today (Shirley) who thinks it might be a problem with how the smart meter is "pulling through" the readings - apparently it can be set up incorrectly depending on the type of meter. Shirley's hoping that someone can do something clever in the smart meter department and get it sorted - so just a matter of wait and see at the moment.

Mandy
    Level 91
    The smart meter originates the readings, the question is how far along the line to eon next via the DCC they are getting!
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.