Bill to high due to wrong estimated reading

Level 1
    I was trying to understand why the gas bill was so high. In April I was switched from E.ON to E.ON Next and based on https://www.eonnext.com/help/billing-and-payments "Why do I have an estimated bill when I have a smart meter?" this is what happened

"When your supply moves over to E.ON Next from npower/E.ON/Powershop we temporarily lost connectivity with your smart meter. This connection is re-established within a few weeks of your switch but sometimes this could mean you get an estimated bill from us."

The thing is that if I look at the readings history it goes like this:

11/05/22 Smart 782
    13/04/22 Change of supply 680
    11/04/22 Estimate 528
    04/04/22 Smart 665

But the one they used for my last bill is the estimated one on 11/04/22, which is obviously wrong. So the bill is for (782 - 528) consumption instead of a (782 - 680 - whatever the consumption was between 11/4 and 13/4) consumption. My question is, how do I fix it, I cannot get the 11/4 real reading from the smart meter anymore. Also by looking at the readings history they should realize it does not make sense. What I don't know is how to get my bill recalculated. Any advice?

Thanks in advanced and best regards.
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @jmansor

You should get a final bill from Eon. When you have that you can contact Eon next customer services and demand that your start reading with them is the same as the closing reading from Eon. The result should be that everything gets resolved. Indeed it may resolve without you doing anything. Unless its causing financial distress I'd let things take their inevitable course. Its not nice I agree - indeed its intensely frustrating given that these transfers between different Eon accounting systems (because in reality that's all it is) should be so shoddily handled given that the process should be a well trodden path by now with all the wrinkles sorted out. It doesn't reflect well on Eon. I'm only here because my supplier went bust, and, no doubt due to the fact that my meter is non smart, my transfer went fine.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.