Economy 10 times

Level 91
    Name:  econ 10 picture.JPG
Views: 1633
Size:  68.9 KB
    I've finally found a source for the times for economy 10 meters. Note that prepayment meters have different times in the BST time period.

You'll need to know your supply area or get the detail from your Supply number shown top right on page 2 of your bill. The distributor id code is the first 2 digits of your 13 digit MPAN which is shown in 3 boxes below the horizontal line as part of your S number.

Hopefully this is the definitive answer - but if you disagree let me know. Economy 10 is comparatively rare, only about 100,000 homes had it in 2015, and probably fewer now as suppliers tend not to implements it.

<span style="font-family: Calibri"><font size="4">@Crunchie66</font></span>has reported that his hours conform but that his times do change for BST despite not having a prepayment meter. So it pays to check for your self on the meter.
    Last edited by meldrewreborn; 15-05-22 at 15:02. Reason: Added comment from crinchie.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
  • 19 Replies

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    Hey @Crunchie66,

yes, we do have existing customers with E10 and as far as I am aware, we haven't given notice to quit. Have you heard or experienced otherwise?
    Thank you @meldrewreborn.

This would be such a great reference for the community members. 👏

Just for info, did you create the table ?

Such a great job! 😀
    Level 1
    Thank you @meldrewreborn.

This would be such a great reference for the community members. 👏

Just for info, did you create the table ?

Such a great job! 😀
    So are there still E10 customers at EonNext ? If so, have they been given notice to quit ?
    Level 1
    Hey @Crunchie66,

yes, we do have existing customers with E10 and as far as I am aware, we haven't given notice to quit. Have you heard or experienced otherwise?
    Yes ! We have been stuck in an endless loop with mixed messages from EonNext for 47 days now. When they switched us from Eon on 23 March they accidentally took us off E10. We desperately need putting back on it as they have left us with a meter which puts the heating circuits on at E10 times, while the meter switches tariff at E7 times. We can therefore only use the E7 for 4.5 hours a day (when the 2 overlap).

We discovered this by accident. They say we can't have E10 back as they don't do that tariff, but it is obvious from other comments on here that it is not true.
    Hi @Crunchie66, I am sorry to hear that you have been having such a challenging time since moving to us.

Unfortunately, it is not correct that we don't do the tariffs for E10, it is simply a little trickier. With an E10 you can have a multi-rate tariff with specific Economy 10 pricing but only at a variable rate or a flat rate of any fixed or variable tariffs.

Did they switch the actual meter or have they just set it to E7? Did you get any letter or information about the switch? Such as a letter or email perhaps ?
    Level 1
    @Bennie_EONNext

Hi Bennie, thanks so much for your. We haven't joined Eon we have been with them for 25 years. Eon simply transferred the account to EonNext.

We got emails at the time saying our tariff would not alter and we need take no action. But after the clocks changed I happened to stick my head in the meter box to just check the timings had gone to BST. The tariff had switched disastrously to E7.

Eon had fitted us with a strange set up 2.5 years ago. They put in a smart meter that wasn't really the right one for the job, and to get round that they added a timer box. All unknown to us of course as we would never have agreed.

The fitter set it up on site to switch the heater and hot water at the E10 times, and all was well until the EonNext switch.

So now that cable is dead outside the E10 hours. But the meter is changing high/low rate at E7 hours.

We were frozen back in March as we couldn't use the storage heaters at E7 times, they were dead, apart from the 4.5 hours in the night when the two overlap.

So I still have to get up now to switch hot water on at the start of E7 at 1.37am. It goes off on its own when that leg goes dead at 6.07am. Then I have to switch the immersion off in the day time or it will come on at peak rate in the E10 afternoon slot. It doesn't really get hot enough to last till evening even then. It needs more than 4.5 hours a day. We only have a shower and use it very sparingly.

EONnext say we can't have E10 back. They say they don't do it. If the meter was back on the E10 tariff all would be well. The timer is already set up for it.

The complex metering team are the same people now as then. They set us up like this. But no-one will sort it out. They say we must accept E7. But if i have managed to explain this clearly you will see the E7 isn't working either !

We are worn out with the whole fiasco.
    Level 91
    Hi @Crunchie66, I am sorry to hear that you have been having such a challenging time since moving to us.

Unfortunately, it is not correct that we don't do the tariffs for E10, it is simply a little trickier. With an E10 you can have a multi-rate tariff with specific Economy 10 pricing but only at a variable rate or a flat rate of any fixed or variable tariffs.

Did they switch the actual meter or have they just set it to E7? Did you get any letter or information about the switch? Such as a letter or email perhaps ?
    I usually think of myself as being reasonably savvy, but i have to say i find your third sentence completely confusing. Can you give an example of the timings please?
    Level 91
    @Bennie_EONNext

Yes I created it in n Excel but posting a table to the forum is difficult/obscure. Hence taking a photo of my computer screen and posting that. I did though manage to post some tables in the price cap thread a while ago - I've just got to remember how i did it - and it still wasn't easy to do!
    Level 78
    I just wanted to jump in again to mention that Crunchie66 has also had private discussions with me and told me a lot more about what's been happening. However, they included information which they asked me to keep private and I have a policy to keep all PM threads private by default anyway.

I'm still tracking this thread and will post again if I have anything useful to add.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!