When will my smart meters send a reading?

Level 1
    Had smart meters installed a couple of weeks ago, should it have posted a reading to my account by now?
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Hey @karengee !

It can take up to six weeks before that happens. If you can post photos though, I'll try to diagnose possible issues.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
  • Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @karengee it pays to be aware of the customer standards Eon Next Guarantee:

Checking your meter.
    This is for our home energy customers with a credit meter (if you pay for your energy after you’ve used it). If your meter is faulty or if we think there’s a problem with it, we’ll make sure to:

• Check to see if the meter is faulty within five working days of you getting in touch.
    • If we think there’s a problem with your meter, we’ll sort it out within five working days of you getting in touch. This could mean booking an appointment to replace it or have someone investigate the issue further.
    • Offer to confirm everything in writing within five working days of you getting in touch.

Compensation.
    If we break any of these promises, we’ll pay you £30 compensation within 10 working days. If we fail to do that, we’ll pay you another £30. This second payment is known as a Guarantee of Guarantee payment.
    We’ll pay you compensation unless we feel there’s a dispute about whether you should get it, and in accordance with the provisions of the Electricity and Gas (Standards of Performance) (Suppliers) Regulations 2015. We will either pay this straight into your energy account or send a refund if you are no longer a customer.