HELP - two electricity meters, readings, charges??

Level 1
    Been helping elederly parents for 18 months with issues with eon, appear to paying far too much.

On prepayment.

Now, Pre-covid and for ten years previous paying £1800 a year!! CoMplained to Npower and then Eon, no resolution and awful customer service.

Only electricity at address. No gas supply in village.

Looking online I see two account numbers, two sets of meter readings, two sets of tariffs, two standing charges.

Could this explain what is going on?

See attached picture!

Help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • 4 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Hmm... Interesting...

The first thing I should note is that it looks like your meter and Radio Teleswitch due for recertification and replacement because they're now considered end of service life. Most meters these days last 10-15 years of service life before needing to be replaced, so you might want to consider booking that in when you get chance. I'm also seeing a possible fault on that electric meter, as the display is supposed to remain readable at all times. Does anything show up on the display when you pop the key in? If not, that's a fault and the meter will need to be replaced anyway.

You also appear to have an RTS Meter setup, which further complicates matters. You might want to check out the guide my friend wrote last year. https://forum.ovoenergy.com/switchin...unset-faq-9040 .

As for your initial question, I'll see what @PeterT_EONNext can do there. If you've only got one meter it's technically impossible to have two tariffs and two accounts at once like this. It might be a case that one of the accounts needs to be terminated and merged into the other. I'll ask Pete to take a look at that as I don't have access to that sort of thing.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
  • Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hi @gavheldou7

Are you able to confirm that there is only one meter at the property?

As @theunknowntech has also said above, should the meter be completely blank, the meter will need to be changed for a working Prepayment meter (I'm going to assume this isn't the case though, as you've referred to cost, which would indicate that you know how much credit is on the meter and when this is running out etc)

As this is a prepayment meter, what you can see online isn't as important as what it say on the meter, as we won't be billing directly from the account for the usage, all billing takes place on the meter. Using the blue button, please can you send a picture of what you see on screen 'I' you won't need the key in the meter to bring this up.

Thanks - Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 78
    Hmm... That's not meant to happen?
    @gavheldou7 could you show me photos of the meters please? I'll see if I can grab any clues from those.