Here to Help..

Hey everyone, I hope you are having a lovely weekend so far and that you are all safe from the storm Eunice with no or minimal damages around your areas. 🍃🌬🍃

With the energy prices increasing, the impact on everyday life in managing the household finances can be stressful and one of the major causes of anxiety. At E.ON Next we make sure we go above and beyond for all our customers to give you a little release from the stresses that can be put on you in these uncertain times.

Inflation, increases of energy prices and living in a world post Covid, have its own challenges. This is the reason why we want to make sure you all are looked after and get a little help if needed.

I have made a list of things that might be worth checking, maybe see if it could apply to you and worth researching a little further.

• Government Schemes , they have created the Energy Bill Discount Scheme and others such as Council Tax Rebate. It will be worth taking a look and see if you are eligible.

• E.ON Energy Fund which can help with the energy bill or replace old appliances; This is so important as old appliances might be running the energy a lot quicker than new ones, which means you can end up saving so much energy without even realising it.
    • E.ON Next Priority Services Register for our customers that might need some additional support. This is usually eligible for people with young kids,elderly people or everyone that lives or has a disability or chronic illness.
    • We partnered with charities such as StepChange and Turn2us for those customers who need extra support to pay their debts or create a financial plan to avoid debts. They are amazing charities. It will be worth it to check them out if in need.

Our customers' well being is at the top of our priority list and this is why we partnered with a charity called Mind who can support you with the struggles of mental health based on financial situations.
    Almost 18% of people in the UK suffer with mental health based on financial reasons and we are here to help to break the stigma behind this and support you.

This community is a safe space where people can connect not only for energy solutions or queries, but also for sharing experiences where someone else might find helpful during hard moments.

Loving and caring for each other is not a sign or weakness, instead it is a sign of strength and I believe that this is what our community is all about.

I really hope this post puts your mind at ease a little bit and if you are struggling with anything at all, please reach out to us in the community. We might have gone through something similar and be able to support each other.

If you would like to look more into some of the things that I mentioned in this post, you can visit our website by clicking here.

Also, feel free to leave a like and post a question in the thread.

Stay safe,
    Benedetta 🌈
    Last edited by Beki; 19-02-22 at 13:19.
  • 12 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Manager
    Best Answer
    Morning @Andy65 Good question! 🧐 We know our customers may be curious about the £200 rebate the government mentioned, at this point we're unable to confirm what options there are for you around the £200 energy rebate and don't have the details behind this just yet, once we do know we can then update everyone including our website and the community page.😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    Hey everyone,

Bennie again, I just wanted to add a couple of links that I realised are not included in the post above, which can be really helpful if in need of extra support.

The Priority Services Register, it is a great tool. You can see how to log in the register and what are the benefits at this link.
    Level 43
    Hi @Bennie_EONNext, I have a question about the Energy Bill Discount Scheme. I've looked on Gov.uk and I didn't find the answer.

My question is, is this compulsory or will customers have the option to opt out? It seems nonsensical to me to effectively force a loan over 5 years onto customers who may not need it.
    Level 1
    @Bennie_EONNext Hi, I'm currently on the V12 fixed contract until July 8th. Is it worth me switching to the V11, even if it means paying to come out of the other one?
    Level 1
    @Bennie_EONNext
    I have moved over to next from 'standard' eon and the FIT generation history that was on the old web site does not appear to be on the new web site. Is this missing and if so when will it be re-instated? If it is available pls let me know where it is.
    Thanks
    Hey @Moonie, I am really sorry for the late reply.

Have you got this sorted ? I personally cannot advise what is the best thing to do.

Of course when your contract ends at the end of June the new prices will be already gone live, which means that you will be given tariffs based on new prices.

I hope this can be helpful if you haven't managed to sort this out already.
    Hey @EssexRocks, did you manage to get this sorted ?

I am so sorry for the late reply. Please keep me in the loop if you need any further help.

Stay safe,
    Benedetta
    Hey @Andy65 I am really really sorted for the late reply.

Did you manage to find out this information ? if not let me know and I can try my best to get this info over to you. Yours is a very important question, I would like to think it is optional, but I can double check that for you.

Again, sorry for the late reply.

Stay safe,
    Benedetta.
    Level 43
    Hey @Andy65 I am really really sorted for the late reply.

Did you manage to find out this information ? if not let me know and I can try my best to get this info over to you. Yours is a very important question, I would like to think it is optional, but I can double check that for you.

Again, sorry for the late reply.

Stay safe,
    Benedetta.

@Bennie_EONNext

I haven't found a definitive answer as such although gov.uk states "All domestic electricity customers will get £200 off their energy bills from October...", which suggests that it isn't optional.