Can't get a smart meter installed?

Level 1
    Hi all,

I've been trying to get a smart meter installed since the day I moved in to my current flat over 2 years ago. Now I'm approaching my third year of being here and still having to walk to the corner shop just to keep my lights and hot water on.

I had hoped with npower changing to eon next I'd have better luck, but now I've been told that because my gas and electric are separate accounts on eon next (even though they have the same login, same information, same everything except gas or electric symbols next to them), I have to wait until they merge them to get a smart meter? But they also couldn't give me any idea how long that would take?

I just want to be able to top my meter up online I don't know why eon makes it this hard? Anyone had any luck actually getting them to do something?
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    @carlb Hey there! Thank you so much for posting on our community. It sounds like you have prepayment meters and we have started to enroll the first PAY AS YOU GO METERS 🙌

This means that we will be able to hopefully start upgrading these meters in the near future. In the meantime, would you be able to send us a message via Facebook/Twitter or via email hi@eonnext.com and we can have another look into your accounts to get them merged.

Sending positive energy to you,
    Beki - Digi Ops Team Leader & Sustainability Enthusiast

Everything & everyone powered by sustainable energy. 🌍
    Level 29
    Just order it on Twitter by private message to Eon Next there and let us know how you got on and if not why not?