IHD gas but no elecrricity

Level 6
    Evening,

please dear with me and my ramblings.

about 5 weeks ago my IHD stopped showing electricity readings and only gas.

I contacted Eon who advised they would do a remote reset. These resets have been done on multiple occasions and still no electricity readings on my IHD. Ron have advised that their engineers were doing some updates to peoples IHD and that could’ve been issue but updates didn’t solve anything. They have advised that the smart meter is able to send readings but it’s not talking to the IHD and as it’s out of warranty they can’t do anything. I have also noticed that on the app I am no longer able to see any useage information other than my bills.

I am wondering if this is an issue people have had and fixed or if they have the issue and they still have the issue?

I have been advised that I can buy an ivie bud but I am concerned that if I do buy an ivie bud and the issues continue I will be £50 out of pocket.

regards
  • 7 Replies

Level 92
    @mav82uk

Yes, ongoing issues with the app apparently, and no timescale for fixing it. You are not the first person to have I H D issues either. Nothing to be done about it. It is what it is. Just do what most other folks do and download the Bright app to get your historical usage information.

They're not so smart, after all, these meters!

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 6
    Thanks for the reply.

I am not convinced that my IHD is broken I think that it is something they have done at Eons end that has caused the problem.

would I man ivie bud or equivalent allow me to see live data given that live electricity data isn’t getting through to my IHD right now
    Level 55
    I am not convinced that my IHD is broken I think that it is something they have done at Eons end that has caused the problem.

would I man ivie bud or equivalent allow me to see live data given that live electricity data isn’t getting through to my IHD right now

Perhaps

if you check on the main site of ivie there is a compatibility section for the bud IHD - you just need your number and postcode to find out.

Last edited by Mailman; 04-03-23 at 22:28.
    Level 6
    My meter is compatible to ivie, but as my IHD stopped showing my electricity useage at a similar time that the app stopped showing any useage and EON started there ‘updates’. I believe it’s an eon fault but they’re saying it’s the IHD that is broken
    Level 91
    @mav82uk

i’m not certain whether it’s possible to diagnose where the fault lies as the end user. The fault could be in the electric meter itself, the comms hub attached to the electric meter or in the IHD. If readings are not getting to your account I’d consider the first two more likely.

But E.On Next are most unlikely to undertake any remedial action unless the meter itself ( not the IHD) is incapable of being read manually. Consumers are being sold a pup.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 55

I have been advised that I can buy an ivie bud but I am concerned that if I do buy an ivie bud and the issues continue I will be £50 out of pocket.

regards

Do you really need 'live' usage data (via a fully functioning IHD) rather than the day-old historical data that you should get from n3rgy or from the Bright app?If you do, and there is seemingly nothing that E.on Next are able to do for you, then I see that there is a 14-day returns policy on the ivie bud so you could test it out and get a refund if needs be.
    Last edited by Mailman; 05-03-23 at 10:01.
    Community Manager
    Morning @mav82uk Anasa here 👋 Welcome to the Community! It's great to have you here! I see you've had some great help from our volunteers on here who have pretty much covered everything!

The only thing that I would advise is to get in touch with us just so we can have a quick look to see if there is something we can do our end to get you up and running again, there are a few issues going around I agree but there are also some issues that have a quick fix! So worth getting in touch to see what maybe the issue!

It would be great if you do get in touch and get a resolution even if its not a fix to pop back on here and let us all know as mentioned above you're not the only one that has been getting issues with IHD, it's a working progress and we know our customers have been waiting patiently for for some time especially the App, We're working on a fantastic new App, we've been listening to all of what our customers are crying out for and are excited to share this with your all very shortly 😁
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣