Blank screen

Level 1
    Hi, was wondering if someone could help me with this...

My electricty prepayment meter has gone blank...the screen stays illuminated but no numbers are showing, I still have electricity, but I don't know how long it's going to last of I can't top-up...

I've tried holding the blue button for 30 seconds but nothing happens,

I've tried putting the key in a few times,

I've just put Β£20 on the key and put it in the meter but there was no noise or change in the meter...

I was told someone would be coming out to look at the meter in the middle of June, but how am I going to know how much money is on the meter, and I won't be able to use the emergency either,

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • 8 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hey @Toyota!

I am sorry that nobody explained what is happening once you booked the appointment πŸ˜”.
    The meter will go into a credit mode, this means that the meter will continue to run and will not run out no matter the blank screen typically (but if you do go off supply please contact us ASAP).

Whist your meter is in this mode, you will be charged the Next Flex tariff rates, these are:
    Unit charge
    29.51p/kWh
    Standing charge
    47.89p/day.

In regards to your top up, once the meter is fixed you can try again and the money will go from the key onto the meter, but once again if that doesn't please contact our team via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

Have a lovely day,

Hannah 🌍
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    πŸ‘‰get in touchπŸ‘ˆ

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions πŸ‘‰ HERE πŸ‘ˆ
    Community Manager
    Hi @Toyota Anasa here πŸ‘‹ welcome to the community. From what you've said and what I can see you have a faulty meter and an appointment needs to be booked. I can see that you've been able to get one booked today, I've re checked and we can't to any earlier that the date you've got I'm afraid however you won't go off supply as I'm sure this has been explained to you but we're here if you need us πŸ™‚
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!πŸ“£

Level 1
    @Anasa_EONNext

Hi, no one has explained anything to me regarding the electricity....

Wether it would be staying on or going off, or emergency credit use πŸ€”...

All I was given is an appointment date for someone to come out...no explanation of any sortπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€
    Level 1
    Hi @Han_EONNext

Thank you for letting me know this πŸ˜…

I'm disabled with several chronic illnesses, So I was very concerned as to what would be happening with the electricity supply, thank you for putting my mind at rest, it's much appreciated.

Hope you have a great day 😁
    Community Manager
    @Toyota Anasa here πŸ‘‹ I'm so glad that you were able to reach out to us and we could put your mind at ease! although your query is now resolved we'd love it if you would stick around and see what else is happening here at the community its a great place to meet new people and be part of a community 😊

Have you heard about The Big Plastic Count? a great opportunity to help tackle the growing plastic challenge! β™»

Have a fab evening πŸ™‚

Community Team
    Thank you for your kind words @Toyota 🧑 it is very much appreciated!!
    If you do go off supply or something happens before your appointment please do let us know!
    Take care
    Hannah 😌
    Level 1
    @Han_EONNext -

Hi 😁 I was wondering if you would be able to help me with this please?

The repair man came out to my property on 13/6...

He looked at where my electric meter was stored and told me that because a shelf in the cupboard was β€œSparkly” that it could possibly be Asbestos, and he was going to contact someone back at E-on to discover if it was actually asbestos...

He told me it would probably take quite some time before someone came out, to test it, but that they would definitely contact me...

Nobody has been in contact since 😳

I've waited a more than reasonable amount of time for someone to let me know what exactly is happening with fixing the meter, as he did state it would be quite some time.

Would it be possible for you to chase this up for me please? πŸ™πŸ˜ as whilst the meter is blank I'm mounting up a debt that I can't monitor 😭
    Thank you ☺️
    Community Team
    Morning @Toyota 🀩 Long time no speak ay!

That is a shame about the meter, we will have to get it sorted out!
    In regards to asbestos, and us checking the meter again you would have to get in touch with out customer sercices and they will help you out 😊. Please have a look through our options to contact us and get in touch with us.

I hope you have a lovely day,
    Hannah πŸ‘‘