How to: Level up, earn badges and become a Top Contributor

You've been around on the Community, perhaps written a post or two and you've got a notification to say you've leveled up 🎉 but what exactly does this mean?

User levels are a great way for you to see another community member's role and activity and to celebrate your own accomplishments. They show if someone has been very active and helpful in the community.

As you increase your contribution activity, for example creating new topics or providing solutions, your user level can increase. Every time you earn a new level, you will receive an email notification. Once you have gained a new level, your level will be displayed right underneath your avatar; mine says Community Manager.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-28 2.16.50 PM.png
Views: 1578
Size:  12.1 KB

You can also view your own or someone else's user level by clicking onto their user profile. Click their username > then view profile.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-28 2.24.48 PM.png
Views: 1437
Size:  16.5 KB Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-28 2.24.19 PM.png
Views: 1462
Size:  43.9 KB

Our Community Team uses the community ranks to keep an eye out for some of its most active and passionate community members. We love to read your valuable content, and you may be recognised for your contributions!

Badges!

You may have seen a few colour badges under users names and thought; what are they? What do they mean? How can I earn them?
    Badges act as an award that publicly highlights something positive that a community member has achieved in the community. You can earn these badges by giving or receiving thumbs up, or writing or commenting on threads.

We currently award three badges; Influencer, Cheerleader and Generator with 5 different levels.
    Green = Level 1, Blue = Level 2, Pink = Level 3, Purple = Level 4 and Red = Level 5
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-08-04 8.35.15 AM.png
Views: 1381
Size:  7.1 KBName:  Screenshot 2022-08-04 8.35.20 AM.png
Views: 1378
Size:  6.2 KB Name:  Screenshot 2022-08-04 8.35.25 AM.png
Views: 1366
Size:  5.3 KB Name:  Screenshot 2022-08-04 8.35.28 AM.png
Views: 1354
Size:  6.3 KB Name:  Screenshot 2022-08-04 8.35.32 AM.png
Views: 1359
Size:  6.6 KB

Want to see them in action?
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-08-04 8.37.41 AM.png
Views: 1394
Size:  12.5 KB

The more active you are on the Community, the more badges you can earn. More coming soon!

**UPDATE**

We've been reviewing how you can get your name in lights on the Top Contributor scoreboard. We've made some changes so you may see a little movement on the board.

We want to ensure that our members keep getting those fantastic answers and solutions to their queries, so in line with this each time you receive a "Best Answer" you will gain points which will move you up that scoreboard...Can you reach that top spot? 🏆
    Last edited by Beki; 12-09-23 at 09:05.
  • 43 Replies

Level 43
    You've been around on the Community, perhaps written a post or two and you've got a notification to say you've leveled up 🎉 but what exactly does this mean?

User levels are a great way for you to see another community member's role and activity and to celebrate your own accomplishments. They show if someone has been very active and helpful in the community.

As you increase your contribution activity, for example creating new topics or providing solutions, your user level can increase.

My 'level' never changes so I'm assuming that eon-next are "hoping to have a system in place soon" to achieve this 🙄
    Level 91
    Maybe I’m too old, but all the different badges, colours, levels and total scores are a bit beyond me. I can understand number of posts and thumbs up ok. Gold, silver and bronze would make perfect sense for any level of achievement but some have five badges with rainbow colours and I’ve no idea what most of it means.

I’m not knocking it and I’m all for a bit of colour but I’d need a user guide to refer to in order to work it all out.
    Level 78
    BEKKIIIIIIIII!!! I think you broke the system again! XD

Do I need to get @HannahD_EONNext to tell you off again for smashing up the system @Beki_EONNext ? :P
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 91
    @Beki_EONNext

So Beki, quite what has @Andy65 done to break the system? Their avatar of a cat is especially warm and cuddly, just the image that Eon Next tries to portray!

As to the members event, an online meeting devoid of food and (alcoholic) drink doesn't really appeal that much, but rest assured I'll endeavour to keep up my record of calling things as I see them, whether they're flattering or not to Eon Next. Perhaps if we could submit our questions in advance for the Q&A session, the responders would then be able to give substantive answers, rather than the flannel we get from politicians.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 91
    @Andy65

The plot thickens... I've just noticed I have entered the Top Contributors list with a 'Total Score' higher than yours. How can that possibly be? 🤔

Does that mean I need an avatar now?

Bring on the User Guide 🤣
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 91
    @JoeSoap

Well done! I think the computer doesn't Like the Cat avatar - perhaps a picture of a bar of sunlight from the early part of the 1900's would be suitable for you? 😜
    Level 43
    @Andy65

The plot thickens... I've just noticed I have entered the Top Contributors list with a 'Total Score' higher than yours. How can that possibly be? 🤔

Does that mean I need an avatar now?

Bring on the User Guide 🤣

I think I've committed some fouls and had points deducted.
    Level 91
    @JoeSoap

Well done! I think the computer doesn't Like the Cat avatar - perhaps a picture of a bar of sunlight from the early part of the 1900's would be suitable for you? 😜

I’ve never had an avatar anywhere. To be honest with you I’m clueless and wouldn’t know where to start. I have read instructions but they go over my head a bit. What a Luddite.

Cancel that... I had a go. Not very good but let's consider it a 'work in progress' 😂
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 04-09-22 at 14:03. Reason: added last bit
    Level 78
    I actually do know how the system works here, but at the same time I'm an evil genius and I don't reveal all my cards...