Gas Supply Disconnected-Chameleon ihd3

Level 1
    Hi everyone we have had a problem with our Chameleon ihd3-ppmid smart meter since Friday.

it’s saying Gas Supply disconnected. I phoned CS on Friday and was told to turn it off and on again and it will be back. Its not, so today i phoned again and i got the CS agent to perform a instantaneous meter reading (as some on here suggested that might push it through) and turn it off/on again, however its still saying the same. Although the cs agent said it could take 24 hours for this to register? Is that right? (Not very instantaneous)

All 4 lights flash on the cellular wnc in sync (not mesh) so thats fine.

we had this installed on feb 1st 2019 without any problems.

any help would be much appreciated. I know the meters are working fine etc but still nice to know/see what your roughly using.
  • 27 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Howdy! You've reached theunknowntech, forum volunteer and evil genius. How may I be of service?

Thanks for those details, it really helps me out a lot. :)

Sounds like you've probably encountered my posts then, or those of one of my friends somewhere? It's not very often that someone posts all these diagnostics in the opening post!

It sounds to me as if your Comms Hub is healthy and there's a good WAN connection back to DCC so that's a good sign. Unfortunately however, there's a bit of a known issue with the Chameleon IHD3 right now which is affecting multiple suppliers - my friend Blastoise186 told me that he's seen a ton of reports in multiple places on the internet as well. This isn't an issue that's specific to one supplier.

I'm afraid there's not really much I can suggest right now other than to wait for the issue to be fixed at source. As a forum volunteer, I don't have access to anything or anyone that would tell me more about what's happening, but I'm confident that it's being investigated by someone, somewhere.

As for that instant reading, the SMETS Command Read Instantaneous Import Registers is the one that I think does the trick here (I didn't even ask Blastoise186 this time!). It actually doesn't take 24 hours at all. More like 30 seconds to five minutes, partially depending on things like how fast the agent can issue the command and the processing time along the way. It definitely doesn't take that long!
    Last edited by theunknowntech; 24-12-21 at 16:05.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    Howdy! You've reached theunknowntech, forum volunteer and evil genius. How may I be of service?

Thanks for those details, it really helps me out a lot. :)

Sounds like you've probably encountered my posts then, or those of one of my friends somewhere? It's not very often that someone posts all these diagnostics in the opening post!

It sounds to me as if your Comms Hub is healthy and there's a good WAN connection back to DCC so that's a good sign. Unfortunately however, there's a bit of a known issue with the Chameleon IHD3 right now which is affecting multiple suppliers - my friend Blastoise186 told me that he's seen a ton of reports in multiple places on the internet as well. This isn't an issue that's specific to one supplier.

I'm afraid there's not really much I can suggest right now other than to wait for the issue to be fixed at source. As a forum volunteer, I don't have access to anything or anyone that would tell me more about what's happening, but I'm confident that it's being investigated by someone, somewhere.

As for that instant reading, the SMETS Command Read Instantaneous Import Registers is the one that I think does the trick here (I didn't even ask Blastoise186 this time!). It actually doesn't take 24 hours at all. More like 30 seconds to five minutes, partially depending on things like how fast the agent can issue the command and the processing time along the way. It definitely doesn't take that long!

haha im glad you’re happy with my first post on here. I did plenty of research before posting 😂

I just want my smart meter to work.
    Level 78
    No worries. My own forum permissions on here allow me to bypass almost all moderation, but it's been granted to me on the basis of trust. If I was to abuse that, I'd obviously lose it.

If you're still having trouble, let me know. Diagnostics can be tricky sometimes, but I only ever give up once I know for sure that I've been defeated. :)
    Level 1
    No worries. My own forum permissions on here allow me to bypass almost all moderation, but it's been granted to me on the basis of trust. If I was to abuse that, I'd obviously lose it.

If you're still having trouble, let me know. Diagnostics can be tricky sometimes, but I only ever give up once I know for sure that I've been defeated. :)

much appreciated dude, yup still says gas disconnected unfortunately. So any help would be super helpful.
    Level 78
    Hehehe, let me see... What's the best tool in my toolkit for this one...

Could you show me some photos of the gas meter please? Ideally, please make sure at least one of them shows the meter display clearly lit up, and another is a wide shot that shows where the meter is, but still has the text on the meter clearly visible. I need to identify what the meter model is, so that I can figure out if one of my diagnostic tricks will work.

Other than that, I'm tempted to suggest getting the IHD unpaired and re-paired. But if the gas meter is at fault, that won't help much.
    Level 1
    Hehehe, let me see... What's the best tool in my toolkit for this one...

Could you show me some photos of the gas meter please? Ideally, please make sure at least one of them shows the meter display clearly lit up, and another is a wide shot that shows where the meter is, but still has the text on the meter clearly visible. I need to identify what the meter model is, so that I can figure out if one of my diagnostic tricks will work.

Other than that, I'm tempted to suggest getting the IHD unpaired and re-paired. But if the gas meter is at fault, that won't help much.

hi buddy sorry i have not posted pics yet, ive been away, but back tomorrow 👍 be prepared for pics. 😂
    Level 78
    Hehehe, no worries.

Please excuse Beki's popcorn eating habits. Clearly she doesn't have to work hard enough when I'm around... XD