IHD's

Level 1
    Update - it now seems to working!

I was googling the IHD model number to see if there was any useful information on it and noticed there is a 'Bright' app which allows a phone to display the same sort of info as the IHD. During the process of installing this I had the IHD off for a while so not sure if it was this extended off period or installing the app which got it working.

Anyway, seems fine now. IHD and app both work.

Thanks again for your help.
    Level 6
    I had a similar thing but failed to notice I had moved the IHD about a meter to the other side of the TV.

I placed IHD on top of the smart meter to get the connection and then moved it to it's old location. if you get the connecting message when the IHD is on top of the meter then there can't be any doubt something is wrong.
    Level 1
    I did wonder if it had anything to do with them switching me across to EON NEXT
    Level 1
    We have this problem - but it turns out that the smart meter itself is faulty as it does not show any readings on it.
    This apparently started in June and the previous owners of the house reported it and were told Eon would sort it - but didn't. No gas readings have been recorded by Eon 's smart meter system or the meter itself since June.
    We moved in in August and have reported the problem 4 times on the phone - to be told it has been reported to the smart meter team and we are now in their hands (since August).
    So currently neither we, nor Eon, have any records of what if any gas we should be charged for, and as a result have not been charged for any gas since they credited back the amount they estimated 2 months ago because it could not be verified.
    Level 1
    I found this on a search in relation to In House Display problems at EONnext :
    ......, this is a known issue that the network company (DCC) are working on. We'll need to wait for this update and we’ve no current timescale for this issue to be resolved.

It is to do with software being loaded onto the smart meters. It must be impacting hundreds of customers. But it was working fine before so why are they doing this ? In any case experience has shown if a new software upgrade doesn't work you go back to the previous version. Basically my smart meter has stopped sending out the IHD signal and this is probably the case for most of these IHDs losing synch.
    Level 1
    Update - it now seems to be working but I'm not sure why.

I was Googling the model of IHD and saw there was an Android app ('Bright') to show the same info as displayed on the IHD on a phone. So I installed it and plugged the IHD in again and it all started working! Not sure whether it was just the extended period of being off which got it going but anyway, it seems ok now. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help anyway.
    Level 1
    I am in the same situation Scottish Power fitted my 'smart' meters over 2 years ago and the IDH has never worked.
    I switched to EON nearly 1 year ago and the meterman couldn't get a reading from the gas meter; however, it worked for me to enable the switch over.
    Now, the gas meter won't give any readings at all. I was given a number to call to arrange an exchange; however, my call was just passed about as their system was coming up with errors. After 49 minutes I decided to call back but found the department closed at 5pm. I don't seem to be any further forward.
    Level 78
    Ahh yes. That's a Chameleon IHD3 (tbh the Chameleon IHD6 is much more suitable for SMETS2 setups). There's been quite a lot of issues with that particular model recently across multiple suppliers. You might want to read that message though, it could provide a clue. Please could you tell me what it says?

Your HAN seems healthy based on your descriptions, so it doesn't sound as if it's a HAN or Comms Hub issue.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    Ahh yes. That's a Chameleon IHD3 (tbh the Chameleon IHD6 is much more suitable for SMETS2 setups). There's been quite a lot of issues with that particular model recently across multiple suppliers. You might want to read that message though, it could provide a clue. Please could you tell me what it says?

Your HAN seems healthy based on your descriptions, so it doesn't sound as if it's a HAN or Comms Hub issue.

I honestly think it’s something to do with being switched over to EON Next. It started when they told me my account was being switched