Introduce yourself...

Level 1
    I've just had a Smart Meter installed and would like to see the current meter readings for my Economy 7 tariff but there are no instructions available for the type of meter that has been installed which is a Toshiba SKU1 Cellular (SMETS2). Can you tell me how to do that and how often the reading will be uploaded to your system?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Community Owner
    @Philip, Hi there, have you had an In home display left with you so that you can keep an eye on the readings without the need to go to the meter? We'll get a read from the meter every month, but you can see them whenever you like.
    Level 78
    @Philip Hi.

Firstly, let me introduce myself. I'm a forum volunteer on one of the other community forums run by a different energy supplier. I'm not with E.On myself. However, I can help with solving certain puzzles which I do a lot at my home base. The username you see of me here is not my main username I use elsewhere.

Your meter is a SMETS2 EDMI ES-10B with an S2 Toshiba SKU1 Cellular Communications Hub. They're actually two separate components, but grabbing Economy 7 meter readings from an S2 EDMI is actually not too tricky, even without the IHD handy. If you press the OK button once, the meter should offer to show you billing related info, press OK again when you see this. You should then be able to grab both readings from R1 and R2. If memory serves, R1 is the Night reading, while R2 is the Day reading. If you get stuck, feel free to give me a shout and I can double check my notes. I've got records on hand for how to grab readings from just about any meter whether it be a traditional meter, S1, S1+ (which is a term I personally coined) and S2. I simply need to know the make and model for the most part. The rest is fairly simple.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by theunknowntech; 22-07-21 at 16:26. Reason: Correcting Day/Night references
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 78
    Anyway, I guess I should introduce myself properly as well. I just wanted to make sure I remembered to give some handy tips first.

• Why did you decide to join the community?
      • I'm actually not with E.On at all but I've been watching the community in stealth mode for months. I mainly joined purely to help people out with answering tricky questions.

• How are you finding it?
      • Not really sure. It's been years since I last used any forums that run on vBulletin, so it's taking ages to get used to this beast again.

• What fills your spare time?
      • I'm a tech guru, but most of my spare time is actually helping people out elsewhere on the community forum of my energy supplier. About 98% of my spare time actually.

• What's a really funny fact about yourself?
      • My username is a joke but it's also to hide my real username that I use everywhere else. You might find a few clues as to who I really am. But I am a mysterious person. Let's just say that.
    Level 78
    @theunknowntech Ooooo - love a mystery!

Hehehe, well I'm afraid this is one mystery you probably won't solve... XD
    @theunknowntech 🧐 I think I'm related to Sherlock Holmes because of my detective work. It's great to have you here!
    Head of Community
    Hi all!

Thought I should come an introduce myself as you might have seen me pop up and answer a few questions already.

I started working for E.ON Next in October and really excited that I was mainly brought on board to support with this community. I'll be the new head of community (don't worry, we're letting Hat stick around as community owner) so you'll see me around a lot!

So I'm Hannah, or Han if you prefer to save typing a few letters! And apart from being super excited to finally be here, I spend most of my time looking after my daughter and sausage dog (still not sure who takes up the most time to be honest!). Any spare time I do have is sadly spent watching awful TV such as I'm a Celeb, Married at First Sight and Love Island but don't judge me on that - it's just very easy TV to switch off to! Also a big fan of eating out and discovering new restaurants so always open to suggestions.

Lovely to meet you all and hopefully we get to know each other even better as I spend more time here :)
    Level 2
    Hehehe, well I'm afraid this is one mystery you probably won't solve... XD

I'll solve it in ten seconds flat and this is only my first post!! If I get it right, I no longer owe you a beer ;)

12 months ago. Ovo forum. You're either Bliose(sorry, spelling) OR that other ever helpful, patient guy that brought me back from the brink of madness with my dispute with an SSE bill (for a flat that was empty for 9 weeks before I moved in) I'd have to log in to the OVO forum for your proper name, don't make me, come clean, am I right? :)

Cheers
    Level 2
    Hello everyone :)

Intro for me

Why did you decide to join the community?
    I'm no stranger to online forums: Indiamike, Money Saving Expert & OverclockersUK are three favourite ones. I'm sure I'll find this one useful in the months to come.

How are you finding it?
    Well it's fairly new, hopefully it'll grow to the size of the OVO forums and beyond. I honestly think the forum should be easier to find - stick a link at the top of the page.

What fills your spare time?
    Movies & gaming. About to start Far Cry 6 (which was FREE with a purchase of a new Samsung SSD). Also about to start watching Slasher season 4 on Shudder TV

What's a really funny fact about yourself?
    You got me on this, I can't think of anything :)

Cya later