Neither my CAD or IHD can join the HAN

Level 1
    Hello! πŸ‘‹

Sorry to make another thread about this - I couldn't find a similar one that matched the issue I've been having πŸ™ˆ

Since the morning of June 5th, neither my Chameleon IHD3-PPMID-V3 (provided by E.On Next) or my Hildebrand Glow SMETS2 CAD have been able to join the smart meter HAN.

I've spoken to E.On Next through Facebook Messenger - and to be fair, the people I've spoken to have been really helpful! Unfortunately though, they've passed me through to the smart meter team who have a backlog of multiple weeks so they've not responded yet.

It seems as though my comms hub has dropped off the network entirely; it doesn't seem as though E.On Next are able to grab a reading from what the advisors in chat have said.

Everything seems fine down on the meter as it's showing the readings if I check manually.

Extra info:

• Meter: Landis+Gyr E470 (type 5424) with the green A and grey B to the right of the display.
    • Comms hub: WNC UBC-TN6 on the Telefonica network (East Midlands)

MQTT data being returned by Hildebrand:

Code:
    {
      "elecMtr": {
        "0702": {
          "00": {}
        }
      },
      "gasMtr": {
        "0702": {
          "00": {}
        }
      },
      "ts": "2022-06-21 16:40:20",
      "hversion": "GLOW-IHD-01-1v4-SMETS2",
      "time": "62B1F474",
      "zbSoftVer": "1.2.5",
      "gmtime": 1655829620,
      "pan": {
        "rssi": "00",
        "status": "rejoin_failed",
        "nPAN": "00",
        "join": "0",
        "lqi": "FF"
      },
      "smetsVer": "SMETS2",
      "gid": "[REDACTED]"
    }

And from the new local MQTT feature:

Code:
    {
      "software": "v1.8.12",
      "timestamp": "2022-06-21T16:55:00Z",
      "hardware": "GLOW-IHD-01-1v4-SMETS2",
      "ethmac": "[REDACTED]",
      "smetsversion": "SMETS2",
      "eui": "[REDACTED]",
      "zigbee": "1.2.5",
      "han": {
        "rssi": 0,
        "status": "not joined",
        "lqi": 255
      }
    }

If anyone has any clues at all, it'd be hugely appreciated!

Have a great evening in the sun folks β˜€οΈ

Aaron
    Last edited by aaroncarson; 22-06-22 at 10:48. Reason: Adding local MQTT data
  • 3 Replies

Level 1
    Really sorry to tag you in @theunknowntech and @PeterT_EONNext -- looking around, it seems you two are the brains behind the smart meters πŸ˜„
    Community Team
    Hi @aaroncarson πŸ‘‹

The sun was lovely, until it turned into a humid evening!πŸ˜…

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Smart Meters. I can see that a colleague has escalated the issue to the Smart Team, I'm afraid it can take up to 8 weeks (hopefully sooner) until they can get the issue resolved should we be able to fix it from this side, if not, other options should become available after a bit of a waiting game between the Smart Team and the DCC.

Does your comms hub have the 5 LED'S flashing intermittently every 5 seconds? (one may say MESH and may not be flashing if your comms hub isn't being used as a signal booster within your area, please correct me if I'm wrong there @theunknowntech πŸ˜‚)

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected πŸ™Œ - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a πŸ‘
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' βœ…
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? πŸ€” Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 78
    Yeah, gonna need more data to figure this one out!
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! πŸ€– Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider πŸ•· πŸ€– Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!