About paying by bank transfer

Level 1
    Hello,

I used to pay by debit card online. Now, for some reason it won't let me through as the security has changed and there's a box now that pops up, apparently run by Visa. It is supposed to have a password in it like it does in every other site I go on, but the Eon box doesn't have a password in it, so it won't let me pay.
    So, I now pay by bank transfer every month, as I hate direct debits. The trouble is, with this payment, which is the first time I did it last month, I never received confirmation emails of receipt of payment like I always did before.
    Don't you get receipt of payment emails when you do a bank transfer? I really do need them.

Secondly, we get the warm home discount of ยฃ140 every year. Even though we're getting extra help in the Autumn will we still get the ยฃ140?

Thankyou,
    Angie
  • 7 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Hey there @Magpie ,

For the receipt issues, let me call in an assist from @PeterT_EONNext . I don't have access to your account as a forum volunteer, but Pete does and he might be able to issue receipts. It's definitely a good feature suggestion at very least!

As for the Warm Home Discount, I've been researching this alongside my friend Blastoise186. We're pleased to confirm that even with the other payments you may qualify for, the Warm Home Discount will be in addition to them and you'll qualify for that too if you're in the Core Group or Broader Group as usual. It's also boosted to ยฃ150 from this year onwards and is reported to be fully automated for everyone in both groups from now on.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! ๐Ÿค– Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider ๐Ÿ•ท ๐Ÿค– Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
  • Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hi @Magpie ๐Ÿ‘‹ Welcome to the Community ๐Ÿ˜„

At the moment, we'll only send payment confirmation to you via email when you've made a payment via the website - I've suggested to our tech team though if this can be considered for bank transfer payments received so that you have receipt of your payment once this has reached your account, so thank you for the feedback on that. Would you like me to manually arrange a receipt for your payment via email on this occasion? If so, let me know and I'll get this done for you.

More importantly, you should be able to make payments online via card, so this is something we need to look into.

The online payment system is run by Worldpay. Without sharing any of your bank details, are you able to share a screenshot of the problem you're experiencing when you go to make a payment online so I can take a further look into this for you?

Thanks - Pete ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž Calm ๐Ÿ˜Œ Collected ๐Ÿ™Œ - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a ๐Ÿ‘
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' โœ…
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? ๐Ÿค” Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
  • Best Answer

Level 1
    Best Answer
    Yes I would like a receipt Thankyou. When I pay this month's bill, I will first go to pay online, and then I will send a snapshot of what comes up. I think it must be to do with world pay too but I'm not allowed to talk to them. I've asked Eon twice to look into it but nothing has been done.

Thanks.
    Level 78
    I think this might be a 3DSecure/3DSecure 2 issue based on the description so far. Further investigation with Worldpay is probably needed.
    Community Team
    Hi @Magpie

I've sent you two emails, each confirming your two separate payments via bank transfer recently.

Yes, please do let us know when you go to pay again - if you encounter the same issue, please provide a screenshot so I can take this away to our Tech Team to look into.

Pete ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Level 1
    @PeterT_EONNext
    Hello, I thought I would let you know how I got on with paying my bills this month.
    I thought I will try to pay online then when that box comes up stopping me, I will take a screen shot and send it to you, then pay by bank transfer.
    Well nice surprise, I have been able to pay online! I couldn't believe it. After I had put my card details in and pressed pay, I thort here I go again, but to my surprise, a page came up immediately saying Thankyou we have your payment.
    So pleased I've got my confirmation emails back. Thanks for sending the last ones.
    Community Team
    @Magpie That's brilliant news! ๐Ÿ˜„

Not quite sure what was happening previously, but I'm glad to hear this is now working for you!

Pete ๐Ÿ˜Š