Meter readings from Electricity meter not showing on online account (PAYG)

Level 1
    Hello

I have both my gas and electricity on PAYG. For both it has never been necessary to provide meter readings as the online account for both says:

You don't need to give us your meter readings.
    We'll receive them automatically when you next top up your key/card and insert it into the meter.

A couple of weeks ago I got a card through my door from Morrison Data Services asking for an electricity meter reading. I didn't understand why so asked my son to look on my online account.

For my gas, the meter redings have been recorded everytime I topped up my gas card and inserted it into the meter. Right up to the current date in fact.

However, for electricity, no meter readings have been provided since last November. Back then I received a voucher for the £140 Warm Home Discount, this was put onto my electricity key which I then inserted into the meter and transferred the credit onto the meter. Obviously this £140 credit was going to last some time so the next time I topped up my electricity key was only 3 weeks ago. I have topped it up a further 3 times since then. However, the last meter reading showing on my account is still 19/11/21, which will be when I had the £140 WHD credit put on my key and inserted the key into the meter.

Why aren't any recent meter readings showing? When I top up my key it does transfer onto my electricity meter but the readings do not appear to be going back to you. Prior to the £140 top up last November there were meter readings being sent back to you, every time I topped up my key and inserted it into the meter.

I have unfortunately lost the Morrison Data Services card so can't provide a meter reading. There is no way to be able to provide a meter reading on my online account. Why aren't meter readings being sent back to eon.next? I'm worried something is going wrong.

Thanks

Cathy
  • 4 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    There's a way to do this. Just before you go to the shop, pop the electric key in the electric meter and the gas card in the gas meter for around 90 seconds or so each. Then go to the shop and top-up both the key and card by the minimum possible amount which I think is £1. After you get home, pop the key/card back into the meters again and that should result in todays reading being submitted.

The latest meter reading only goes back to the supplier when the key/card is inserted into the PayPoint/Payzone terminal at the shop. I will see if I can get @Beki_EONNext to figure out what broke as well.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    @Cathy37 Heya, just had a little look at your account and we have had a top up reading on 9th May 2022. @theunknowntech is correct though, we receive readings when you top up 😊