Smart meter appt

Level 1
    Hi, I had a smart meter appt booked and the engineer failed to arrive. I emailed Eon and they have said we have a complex meter set up which is not compatible for a smart meter so the appt shouldn’t have been booked in the first place.

Really don’t understand why they can’t change the meter and they are not forthcoming in telling me anything else but the above.

Its an economy 7 single phase meter and we have combined readings as no longer have storage heaters so no need for E7

They are not keen on paying the £30 compensation for breaking the guaranteed standards of service either

This is a right pain in the backside

Any advice would be great

Thanks ☺️
    Last edited by Nixy; 30-05-23 at 07:33.
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Hi @Nixy !

Could you show me some photos please? Complex meters can be a little more tricky to deal with, but shouldn't be an upgrade blocker in 99% of cases - and if they were, it should have been picked up before an engineer even visited in the first place.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!